Of all the snacks I love keeping in stock at home, granola probably ranks high in the top tier. For me, it’s all about granola’s crunch and seasonal variations. In this fall-themed version, bright green pepitas and cranberries take center stage with warm cinnamon and ginger. In addition to the oats, I’ve added chia seeds and quinoa to give this an extra pack of crunchiness.Print
2 ½ cups/250 g instant rolled oats
1 cup/140 g raw unsalted pepitas
½ cup/70 g sweetened dried cranberries
½ cup/90 g chia seeds
½ cup/90 g quinoa, rinsed thoroughly and drained
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp fine sea salt
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup/80 ml maple syrup
- Add all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, fold to coat well, cover, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300F/150 C.
- Spread the oat mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the preheated oven until the granola turns golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through during cooking.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool completely, transfer to an airtight container, and store for up to 1 month at room temperature.
- To make the granola clump into clusters, lightly whisk the white from 1 large egg and fold it into the oat mixture. Once baked, break the granola into clusters.
- Add ¼ cup/50 g brown sugar to make the granola sweeter.