3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup cold heavy cream
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon nigella seeds
1. Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flours, baking powder, and salt twice. If any husks or bits of grain remain in the sieve, add them back to the flour mixture.
3. Using a fork, mix the cream into the flour and incorporate until the dough is completely mixed. Do not over mix the dough.
4. Divide the dough into six equal parts. Place each dough into a 2 inch biscuit cutter and gently press to shape the biscuits.
5. Place the biscuits about 2 inches apart on a lightly buttered cookie sheet.
6. Mix the butter and nigella seeds in small mixing bowl. Brush each biscuit with this mixture and bake the biscuits for about 35 minutes till they get golden brown. Cool on a wire rack till warm.