4 slices of sourdough bread
1/2 cup/90 g dark chocolate
- Brush both sides of each slice of bread with a little olive oil.
- Place half of the chocolate on two slices of bread. Sprinkle a little flaky salt.
- Top each slice of bread with the remaining slices of bread.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Lightly brush the pan with a little oil. Carefully place the sandwiches on the skillet and cover with a lid. Cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, until the bread turns golden brown and crisp and the chocolate melts. Remove and transfer to a cutting board, slice in half, and serve immediately. There shouldn’t be any leftovers.
- I use dark chocolate with up to 80% cacao in this sandwich. Milk chocolate also works great here.